Swamp

Swamp
Atchafalaya Swamp

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cruel and Unusual Punishment

poster by mob1900.


To all my loyal friends and readers out there: As you bask in the glory of this Eid with your loved ones, please spare a moment to think about what RPK and his family is going through.

Yesterday, his wife and daughter went to visit him in Kamunting and was only allowed to see him in his cubical when other ISA detainees were allowed to spend those precious moments in the courtyard.

That's what I call cruel and unusual punishment.

For what, I do not know. Same reason I do not understand the reasons when Datuk Noraini was quoted as saying 'Theresa should insaf' (about her 7-day detention).

Repent? Rehabilitate? For what?

Maybe, I'm just stupid for not seeing things the way Syed Hamid or Datuk Noraini sees them.

If so, then there are plenty of other stupid Malaysians like me then.

Well... will someone please enlighten me ?

If not, just free the man or charge him in open court.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Selamat Hari Raya.. Sheih is next RPK-in-the-making..
and i am worry for him..

Mat Cendana said...

The call by Datuk Noraini should be a contender for The Dumbest of the Year award.

It's regrettable that Noraini has shown herself to be someone of such low class. When it comes to issues, we as HUMANS, should get all the facts correctly and base our decisions and actions on CORRECT PRINCIPLES.

Noraini has simply chosen to become "one of the herd" - of buffaloes.

Mat Salo said...

Abe.. Timo Kase ucek Samat Raayo...

Bro'... I worry about him too and the gomen's case against him. Bayangkan.. Law Minister macam Zaid boleh 'give-up' what hope does the common folk like us has? We need ppl like Sheih, RPK to fight the good fight for us... And we pray for their success.

Dollah Cendawi...

Very well said, bro!

Pak Zawi said...

MS,
When they can't rebutt what is being said of them, the only answer they have is to silence them by keeping people like RPK in solitary confinement.
That is how cruel these people are.

Daphne Ling said...

Happy belated Hari Raya to you and family! Sorry for taking soooooo long to wish you =(

cakapaje said...

Salam bro,

Erm...I think I join you also lah! I mean, I oso no understand.

Mat Salo said...

Bung Zawi: These people are cruel, I agree. But what's crueler is the rakyat putting them into positions of power in the first place. If that is true then we the people are the cruel ones.

Daphne: Takper, better late than never, right? Thanks for the wishes. Apa jadi ngan website you? Tak boleh masuk lar...

Bro shah: Dah laa kita ni bodoh tak sekolah tinggi, pastu nak di perbodohkan lagi...

Anonymous said...

Thank u dearest. I miss Haris so much. I wonder if he's alright.
Thanx for the pics.

The only way for makan gaji pl like me to see glimpses of friends at court hearings is blogs. Thank u so much.


And u, macha! come over to my neighbourhood laa. If u decide to leave without meeting up, well, i'll find u....and consider your tyres slashed.

*heh heh heh*

Daphne Ling said...

Hi Abang Mat,

Can masuk adi my webbie...There was a change of domain name, and there were some hang-ups because of that...

But can masuk adi...

I think ler...;)