Swamp

Swamp
Atchafalaya Swamp

Monday, July 19, 2010

Smiling For Dalilah (Scenes from Kg. Labuhan Dagang)

I DON'T HAVE much to say here 'cept good-bye, Dalilah...

For a kick-off, d
on't you think it's a strange coincidence that my last posting was EXACTLY a year ago? July 19, 2009? Yes, that's when we lost Bang Captain...

A-ny-ways...

Hey, my missus was a bit upset when you became the second woman (besides her that is) to sit in my low-slung, mid-life-crisis coupe... heh heh. No other woman (yet) besides you and her has had that honor, che-wah...

Anyway, she was cool bout it later. Really. Hey, it's THE Raden Galoh after all!

Today, she saw you an hour after you drew your last breath this morning, dear, And when the nurses and the ladies went out of that curtained partition around your bed, I too went in and drew the curtains around so we could have our privacy and say my piece to you.

You look so lovely with your full head of hair, D. So serene. No, I did not shed a tear for you D because I was actually happy for you. It's time you were released, dear...

Me? No regrets for you
laa, D. You've led a heck of a life, didn't you?

You will be sorely missed by all whose lives were once touched by you. That's a given, D.

You've gone and left us bereft, and in mourning.

Gone, yes gone. But I do not doubt that you will ever be forgotten, my dear Dalilah.

Love and Peace.

-Mat Salo

Bereaved father (right)

Bereaved mother

5 comments:

zackzara said...

Salam Bang MS,

Exactly a year that you have been in silence. The last was about the passing of a dear blogger friend, and today another one. May those who've left us to be with the Creator will rest in peace & that their life be blessed by HIM.

I do miss your writing, Sir. Pls take care.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

Yesterday's weather tells the whole story; gloomy and sad. But hey, she is now in a better place and relieved her off all the suffering. She will forever remain in all our hearts.

thanks for the pics bro. And unlike you, i have yet to kick-start anything for months now. Hope to do it soon. Welcome back btw.

Daphne Ling said...

I just sent you an email saying it's a sad day but a happy one too for Aunty D is finally at peace. Guess we think alike then.

I know she wanted to die in the holy land. While I wish her wishes had been fulfilled, I'm glad Adam and Idris got to see their beloved mummy one last time. We have to trust that God knows best, and He wanted her to come home.

Apa Kau Nak said...

Hi bro, it's been a while since your last posting. I like this entry. I think Kak D will be smiling her contagious smile seeing this. (do i think she read this? of course i do...;)

p.s. write more pls.

ArahMan7 said...

Hola Bro! Long time no hear from you. Harap warigh den ni sihat wal afiat hendaknya.

Heard so much about your Raden Galoh via our mutual friends on Facebook. Incredible lady! Wish I knew her.

Bye for now my friend. Hope to hear from you soon.

Greetings and lots of love from Kuale Kangsor.