Never Been Tagged
I was too lazy to open my notebook - no time to dick around with power cords, cables, usb ports and such.
The surprise was havin' been tagged by none other than that glamorous thinkin' man's chick (ala Susan Sarandon laa gua kire) - the vivacious, bubblicious Ena or Nuraina Samad of 3540 Jalan Sudin, and among other nice and nicer things - author of the wildly popular Tuesdays With Bapak.
Huh? Me? What did I do to deserve being tagged by the lady whose writings I am so enamored with?. Careful, careful . . . it's her prose I am so in love with - not the lady.
Just like the time back in the Eighties. In my junior year in a redneck Texas college, I had decided to "broaden my mind" by way of a two-year subscription to Playboy magazine . It was for "the articles", you see.
[I remember I used to "cringe" everytime I went to collect my "sub" at the Student Center where our letterboxes are located. Since that classy Hefner publication didn't quite fit my pigeonhole, I was forced to ask for it from the elderly lady in the mailroom. Even with my baseball cap pulled real low, out of the corner of me eye I saw that she never failed to give me, Mat Salo (the gook-lookin' furr'nerr), her most condescendingly Dirty Look. Really, PB introduced me to one of my all-time favorites - Tom Wolfe]
So now it's my turn to choose my FIVE victims. They are chosen, not at random, mind you, like some serial killer who senselessly chose their victims - but after five whole seconds of deliberations, heh.
Above all, these bloggeratis made me think, which is easy to do (making me think that is). Because in my real job as a glorified roughneck, I get paid to do - never to think.
No need to tell you that their writin's way up there, folks.
So it'll be wise to pay these hallowed individuals a visit. Actually I've got more than five fine folks in mind, but what's a man to do?
1. Galadriel @ Euphoria In Misery.
2. Captain Pandi @ Tampin Linggi.
3. Captain Yusof @ The Ancient Mariner.
4. elviza @ Write Away. (Right away, ma'am!)
5. Clark Gable @ Pulau Duyung's Plastic & Reconstructive.
This award was started here:
And now my dear recipients, your award comes with a price. You have to award five others whose blog you think deserve this award.
Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking!