Swamp

Swamp
Atchafalaya Swamp

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hats in The Ring

Alright. I've been meaning to blog about other things but unfortunately even thousands of kilometers away in the open sea overlooking Makassar Straits, I can't help but be swept up by the tidal waves breaking over the political landscape in Malaysia.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear that some bloggers, notably Elizabeth Wong and Jeff Ooi are joining the fray. Of course it takes money to make any decent headway, especially versus GOLIATH, so please lighten your wallets --or click on Maybank2U and do what's right. See Jeff's take on "donation" in his blog and I implore you to do your part, folks.

Eli holds a special place in my political heart for her work with SUARAM and HAKAM. I've also had the pleasure of meeting her once and let's put it this way: I'm smitten!
Not only that --she will be standing in my constituency of N37 Bukit Lanjan, Selangor. I posted a comment in her blog today that I was sorry that I can't vote for her, because self-proclaimed IT-savvy Malaysia has no "e-vote" system, and
come polling day yours truly will be on a floating barge in the Straits of Makassar.

No matter, I'll do what I can, Eli.


Pictures of other candidates and prominent Malaysian bloggers below were captured through Mat Salo's lens. I knew these pictures sitting in my hard drive would come in handy one day,
heh.

The folks
that appear in the photos below I endorse 100% --not because they were once gracious enough to pose for me, but because they struck my conscience HARD.

Now go give these folks a hand!


Eli Wong and a friend from The Last Frontier


The Screenshot Man captured!


Former Two Term Bukit Bintang MP YB Wee and fellow Kelantanese friend.
The former YB will contest the Wangsa Maju parliamentary seat



A Note on the last photo. The man with the pipe is an Unmasked Zorro. The book in his hand found its way to a certain Chegu KTN in Penang, bearing our well wishes and autographs. Man in Blue is going for the Jelutong seat under the DAP banner.

©Matsalo Images 2007-2008

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, the book. Got to finish it about a month after receiving. Thanks to Zorro and to those who cared to pen some lines.
What a pity you can't vote so its your duty to go out and get someone and brainwash him/her to vote, oppo of course.

I would ask some of my friends if they are going home to vote. I'd say, if you wanted to vote the gomen then don't bother going home. If its the oppo then please go.

Pak Zawi said...

Mat Salo,
Of all the time you have to be offshore is during an important day like an election. I heard it is mandatory for Indonesians to vote.
If have registered as an out station voter for the party with a blue flag, they would send a helicopter to bring you back. I guess they know who you will be voting for so they prefer for you to stay put wherever you are till the election is over.

Anonymous said...

salam mat salo,
kalau anda tak mengundi dan mereka menang by one vote, heeheehee....satu penggal lagi mengomel!

Mat Salo said...

Chegu: You're right, Sir. Kalau nak vote status quo baik tak usah balik naa?

Bung Zawi: Heard somewhere the going rate for oghe kante is around RM300 for those who come back untuk ngundi (for BN laa of course). Any truth to it?

A-ah, for Be End and its Axis of Evil partners I guess from their point of view no need to make it easy for me to vote. In their opinion people and ingrates like me buek abeh boreh ajo. I don't blame them.

Acciaca2ra aka E,

I hope that won't happen, E. Ko tsak menyesal tak abih-abih. Yang ngomel tu yang tak tahan tu. Tak apa. Boleh blog lagi for the next 5 years until PRU 13. Insya'Allah jika di panjangkan umur!

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

incik Ahmad,

heard about the book, only that i was a blog-squatter when it was past around back then. El Zorro related to me how he and cikgu only managed to have a brief meeting before he (zorro) cabut balik. seems like only yesterday.

i'm with chegu Bard here. a guy who struggled to make his voice heard against an oxford grad who has everything served on a polished silver platter.

tokasid said...

Salam Pak MS:

Sebenernya gue rasa sedih bapak ngak ada di sini pada saat pemilu ini.
Jika bapak ada di sini saya pasti bapak ngak bisa tidur( ngak seperti kepala desa yang sering tidur-tidurin)dan bapak pasti akan turn ke Rembau bantu-in Che'gu Bard rentapin menantunya kepala desa.

Gue memang ngak suka tapi gue amat ngerti parti kepala desa kaki tidur bakal ngepalai semula desa ini.tapi saya yakin bapak, Barisan Rakyat-Harapan Rakyat juga bakal perolehi banyak kerusi pada pemilu ini. jika ini berlaku InsyaALLAH pak, partai kepala desa si tidur ngak bisa lagi nipu-nipu-in kta seperti dulu.

Kata orang selat Makassar ada berkatnya pak. Tolong doa-in kami pak.

cakapaje said...

Salam bro,

Hey! When was all this? I would have gone had I known...and invited lah! :)

Daphne Ling said...

Hi Abang Mat,

Er, how often are you on land wan? You sound like Sinbad or Chris Columbus! Sailing the seas, albeit on a barge, that er, doesn't sail...;)

tokasid said...

Minta laluan:

daphne: Abang Mat like Sinbad or Columbus!!
Hmm...MS is more colourful than those two. MS is...like Capt Jack Sparrow.
LOL!

Mat Salo said...

Bro Kerpie - Orait!!! Kita mesti sokong underdog bro.

If not us, then who?

If not now, then when?

Pak Doktokasid - Jangan khawathir, Pak... saya juga turut dua'in...

Lawan tetap lawan!

Bro Shah @talk only - All this happened last year laa bro. If not sure bring you wan...

Daphne - aiyaa I always come back wan. But unfortunately not for the election (just the way BN like it, a-ha, a-ha) because schedule clash maa.

Hmmm... I see you chose to be apolitical. That's cool. But in Penang pi laa jadi volunteer tolong Jeff. :)

den said...

not too worried, my vote will goes to the right candidate @ bkt lanjan

J.T. said...

Hi MS

Just like you, I will be sitting here come election day wishing our boys were more tech-savvy. Then again, I think they will be glad if I remained here for they won't be happy with my choice. ;)

Mat Salo said...

Pak Den - Tks bro...she's the right candidate. Just look at her CV and you know she fights hard for the rakyat!

J.T. - Of course laa, why take risk? *a good voter is an uninformed voter* Sez Be-End :)

Unknown said...

Will there ever will be a 'YB Mat Salo' in the future?

Hidup YB!

IBU said...

Ibu nak vote Party Tupperware... microwave & dishwasher safe. hehehe....

zorro said...

cakapaje: the event was farewell do for Sheih before he left for KB.

Swampman....cannot act sick two days before GE. Bang head on wall, take in a bit of soap-powder to simulate frothing in the mouth....mumur incoherently all the names of your kids....roll eyes repeatedly...smoke ciggie from wrong end...yes, I mean it.....stare like a buffalo...that way they will clear the helipad for the speedy arrival of a heli...you got a few days to rehearse...ok swmapman? we need every single vote.start rehearsing now...the frothing part needs a lot of practice. cheers soapy.