Swamp

Swamp
Atchafalaya Swamp

Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Lebaran Blog

Supplicants and Slackers; Saints and Sinners

My Surau: Scenes of 2nd Laskopek Pre-Terawih. It costs RM1600.00 to sponsor one of these. A glance at the notice board indicated quite a few "Who's Who" in Bolehland --GLC execs and movers and shakers --some of which the Yang Mulia have dubbed as riding in the Corridors of Power. And some riding roughshod over Bolehsian taxpayers?

My Surau: Scenes of Post-Terawih juadah Snacks and teh-tarik. Indo guest worker strolling by.



The Supplicants: O ye' you faithful

Mat Salo surreptitiously whips out his, err . . . camera to unsuspectingly record their ministrations. Quite a few of these ladies are Datin Seri's and probably esteemed spouses of "Bebudak Tingkat Ampat" - Hope they don't sue me!

Saint or Sinner? Oh, I know which camp I belong to . . . besides, you and I know it's a lot more fun!

To all of you who saw fit to have visited my irreverant sometimes (no, mostly) inconsequential blog, I say thank you. I would probably be off the 'net while I pay my solemn dues to the departed and the living.

For my Moslem friends, well wishers and detractors alike . . . If I have cause to offend you in some way, my apologies are in order. I would also like to wish you and your family a Selamat Hari Raya. And if you are driving far and wide back to whatever hole in the wall that you once hailed from, please be careful.

To the Indonesian diplomat's wife that was hauled in by Rela goons recently, I, Mat Salo, on behalf of clear-headed Bolehsians offer my sincere apologies. Goons are goons, and they're sub-humans anyway. No sane human being acts this way. Same goes to you, Pak Lubis, the UKM student. I know your authorities would never do the same to us. I know how most Bolehsians miss the point about how we are perceived as "arrogant". Rasa Sayange?

To Sheikh Muszaphar - I wish you well, Godspeed. A lot of hopes are riding on you up there amongst the Stars. Hey, I didn't know that you're a business partner of a buddy of mine...

To the parents of Nur Jazlin: Be strong and remember, millions of us are grieving too and will continue to grieve. She too is our daughter. The nation's. And please excuse the authorities' ineptititude. They sometimes get sidetracked chasing bloggers and "blowing" the whistle-blowers.

To Hui Yi: We love you! Your saga has united us - and shown what spirit the true peoples of this country has. It's beyond the color of our skin, the lines of our religion. We pray for you and you have given us much cause for hope.

Minal Aidin Wal Faidzin.

Mohon Ma'af Lahir & Bathin.

Selamat Menyambut Hari Raya Puasa I Syawal 1428 H

© 2007 Mat Salo Images

19 comments:

Mat Salo said...

Pak Zabs - Tak ingat ke? Tgl 03/10 udah saya lowongi photoblog Bapak. Selamat Hari Raya & Ma'af lahir Bathin.

Caramel M - Thanks, you too. In KL ke? I did have a safe and uneventful journey.

Pi Bani - Sama-sama lah kita Pi. Keep up the good work.

Kak maria - I too thought it was way lenghthy. But glad you stuck to it. Thanks for the lebaran wishes Kak, same to you.

acciacca2ra - E, From my family and I, we wish you and your family a Selamat Hari Raya too. Mohon Ma'af Lahir & Bathin ya?

Kerp (Ph.D)- Insya'Allah bro' Dannyboi the Goonyboy - any chance chance sure waa drop by punya. Go ARSEne's boys!

cakapaje - Wa'alaikum salaam. Insya'Allah kita mohon ridho nya. If you are around next week, bisa plan get-together, Pak?

Mohon Ma'af Lahir & Bathin, Salaam Lebaran Eid Mubarrak to you too.

tokasid - baguih hang remind jaga makan supaya jangan 'over'. Kalau nyetir mobil mudik ke tepeng tu baik-baik naa?

BigDogDotCom - Bro', same to you too.


mekyam - Thank's ma'am for the well wishes. At the risk of offending others, you are one of my favorites!

Mohon Ma'af Lahir & Bathin, Selamat Hari Raya jua kepada Mek Yam Sekeluarga...

Daphne Ling - Daphne! Thank you! Aiyaah, always refreshing to hear from you. You cuti tak? And thanks for your wishes ya?

Pak Zawi said...

mat salo,
This must be your first posting since you landed on terra firma. Having seen the family, glorious foods and above all the delicious home cooked food, you must be ready to celebrate Hari Raya tomorrow.
Selamat Hari Raya.

BaitiBadarudin said...

Selamat Hari Lebaran
Minal Ainial Wal Faizin, ya Mas Salo sekeluarga!

A Voice said...

Ramadhan memberi kesedaran
Syawal itu kejayaan.
Tahniah, itu ucapan perayaan.
Perjuangan ramadhan tiada akhiran.

Selamat hari raya to all. Maaf zahir batin.

Unknown said...

Selamat Hari Raya. Should I have offended you in anyway please forgive me for it was definitely intended. Have a joyous Hari Raya and at the same time let us together reflect on the direction our beloved motherland is heading to.

Rockybru said...

Brother,

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri. Maaf zahir dan batin.

Anonymous said...

Bro,

Selamat Aidilfitri to you and family.

Maaf Zahir dan Batin.

Enjoy the holidays.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

eh bro, Mekyam's my favourite too...haha...

The Ancient Mariner said...

Salam Idilfitri. Maaf zahir batin.

Have a joyous Raya with yr loved ones.

tony -stand-up philosopher said...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri bro.

Unknown said...

Sorry, sorry, sorry, it should read NOT INTENDED. Sorry again.

shar101 said...

*MS ada posting baru rupa-nya.
Ingatkan dah cuti balik kampung*

Hey bro, how did you manage to get the snapshot of the ladiez in the 'ladiez section' of the surau? Hang menyamar ke? Hehehehe....

Eid Mubarak to you and the family, bro. Maaf zahir dan batin.

P.S. Oklah, Mekyam also one of my faberlet. She call me sweetie, you know.

P.P.S. Bro, jangan lupa call & jumpa sebelum hang balik hutan ok.

Nora aka Anon Fm Miri said...

Pok,

Salam Adilfitri. Mohon maaf zahir dan batin from Miri. I'm on the move so managed to post from smart phone.

cakapaje said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mat Salo said...

Woi Men (and some wimmin').. Sorry can't reply to each and everyone like I always do.. Am on the move and very touched for your messages... Take care.

Shah cakapje.. I removed your post takut ada ada orang take your number and abuse it (that's happened before). But thanks for your number & I'll be sure to call you soon... Den kek Nogoghi

zabs said...

Salam Raya MS,
Tahu, tapi ada perkembangan baru, D40 sudah menemani saya sekarang.

Anonymous said...

MS
Da sampai KL da after devouring the equivalent of an entire cow, mostly tenderloin, in the last 3 days down south.

How's your raya? Room for some caramel ice cream? :)

NURAINA A SAMAD said...

salam aidilfitri. Maaqf zahir & batin.

by the way, kamal says he's got in his possession an old photo of you and him (i think) eksyen on a motorbike...

heheehee,

maaf zahir batin.

Anonymous said...

aisk macam cam jer masjid nih? He he he he ...

Collect your book weh, its rotting in my car!